Friday, November 11, 2011

Fabric Covered Magnet Board


Materials Needed:  
Sheet Metal
Ribbon
Fabric
Drill
Magnets 

Directions:
Drill two holes, one in each end, of the sheet metal, where you want to put the ribbon to hang it.


Cut the fabric to the size you need, just a little bit bigger than the metal board.
Then, like, the hair bow board you will hot glue each side (doing one side and then the adjacent side and pull it very tight so there are no wrinkles on the front. I found that the hot glue gets cool very fast on the metal, so just do small sections at a time.


Again, like the bow board, leave the corners until the end. Then make them into triangles and glue them down, so you can't see them in the front.


You are almost done! You can either make your own magnets, or use some that you already have. I made my own in this case so they would match the fabric. I just bought buttons and magnets, then hot glue them together.



Now, you can thread the ribbon through the two holes that you drilled up top. Tie them however you want (bow, knot...) 

I also added some ribbon on the corners just for fun too. Here is where you can get creative and do what you think would look good.


And there you have it! A cute, fun way to display your pictures, notes, calendar and whatever you want! This is going in my kitchen so I have a grocery list and things on it. The metal I bought is 24inches x 24 inches. I got it at Lowe's for just over $10. You can get any size you want of course. Just make sure you don't get aluminum, it needs to be sheet metal. Hope you have fun with this, and add some personality to one of your rooms!

1 comment: