Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our VERY First (Not so "perfect") Christmas!

So this year was our very first Christmas together as a little family!
I was a little excited for it...ok I was way too excited for it.
Spencer and I went a little bit over board on presents for Grace
(considering she has NO idea what is going on)
Visions of the "perfect" Christmas danced in my head
Or was that Sugar plums?
What exactly are sugar plums by the way?
Are they just plums that are rolled in sugar or something?
Because if that's the case then I'M IN!
Ok where was I before the sugar plums happened?
Oh right! The "perfect" Christmas!
I had so many things planned.
We were going to start so many nice traditions.
We were going to watch Christmas movies all Christmas Eve,
Bake sugar cookies and decorate them,
sip hot Chocolate...
and we managed to do all that on Christmas Eve, it was wonderful.

Here's Spencer making icing for the cookies.

Gracie got into the icing!

Opening 1 gift before bed on Christmas Eve.

We all got some dang cute PJ's!




Ok So Christmas Eve was perfect,
and for Christmas day I wanted to:
Wake up, read the story of Christ's birth in the scriptures,
Be sooo happy,
Take cute family pictures,
Open presents (obviously)
Go see the lights on Temple Square,
all of this while listening to some Christmas Music.
Sounds nice eh?
Well this is what actually went down.
Grace didn't sleep AT ALL on Christmas Eve,
I don't know if she was excited or what,
but we were up like every hour with her.
Spencer and I were SO tired!
And not very joyful shall we say.
This is what our morning looked like.
Instead of Christmas music playing the whole time,
somehow Mythbusters got turned on
I'm not naming any names but it may rhyme with shmencer.

The scriptures didn't get read either, I'm pretty dang sad about that.
We didn't go see the lights either because we were all so tired from the night before.
Presents, of course, did get opened.
We all got so spoiled.
Grace liked the wrapping paper most of all!
I even got a nook colour! 
It's awesome!
The "cute" family pictures did get taken...
However, they didn't turn out quite the way I pictured them...

So maybe this first Christmas wasn't "perfect",
But there were some pretty perfect parts.
Like this:

and this:


And who's to say what "perfect" is?
Because in my eye's,


This is pretty darn perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Awe that was an awesome post Nicole! Nothing ever turns out quite how you want it when you have kids - something everyone learns eventually!
    I love Grace's face in the last picture lol looks like shes going to bite spencer lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber, it's true..nothing does turn out how you picture it when you have kids, but somehow it was even better! Yeah I think the last picture is sooo funny! I have no idea what she was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute story :) However, what's a nook colour? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an e-reader by barnes and noble, It's in colour so you can get kids books, magazines go on the internet, play music,...it pretty much does everything. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete