Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 14

I am thankful for Dogs-
So in my last few posts I'm sure you have noticed a bit of a theme. There was the story about my Mom chasing Pepper around the yard for his pee, there is the picture of my dog hiding under Grace's chair. I don't care if you are not a "dog person" or even an animal person at all, I have had some of the sweetest dogs growing up.They helped teach me love and respect for animals and most of all what smelly breath truly is! I always grew up with a dog in the house and for a while (while Spencer and I were living with my parents) we had 3 dogs in the house! Crazy, I know but it was fun! My parents had "prince"(a German Shepard) before they had me . My parents have a pretty funny picture of my coming home from the hospital and Prince checking me out.
Then there was "Pepper"(border collie) One of the best dogs you will ever meet! He was the dog I really grew up with.My parents got him when I was probably 7 and he just recently passed away a little over 2 years ago. Almost all of my childhood memories have that silly dog in them. I still tear up when I think about him.
Now there is Koda (Chesapeake Bay Retriever.) One of the silliest goofiest dumbest sweetest dogs you will ever meet! Spencer and I bought him shortly after we got engaged. Anyone who knows Spence knows that he is always on KSL looking at the most random things. We saw a picture of this little puppy and we couldn't say no. He has been a great addition to our family. He loves us all (even little Gracie) and Grace LOVES watching him no matter what he is doing. I am excited that she gets to grow up with such  wonderful dog. I am thankful that Spencer found him. I am thankful that I didn't sell him (before he was trained). I am thankful for him and all my other dogs. Please don't think I am weird or lame for even writing this because if you have ever had a special animal in your life you know what a great joy they are. They become such a big part of the family and are truly missed when they are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment