Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5

I am thankful for my Parents and Sister
I was blessed with a wonderful family. I feel bad that I didn't realize how great my parents really were until I moved out. It was like BAM move out and realize how good I had it. They always provided for my sister and I with not just the "needs" but most of the "wants" too. They always defended me when they knew I was right. They would call me out when they knew I was wrong. I didn't grow up in a house where the attitude was "oh my child is perfect, she would never do that!" They knew I was a little trouble maker and half the time I would do that haha!
My Mom and Dad both worked while I was growing up. The best memory I have of my mom would be when she would get home from work. She would come pick my sister and I up from my Grandparents and I would always beg her to "jump me up and down". This was simply her holding my hands while I jumped up and down. Lame I know. It was one of my favourite things to do though. She would stand there and do that with me forever and then when I was done of course I had to be Jamie's turn. I'm sure she got really strong arms by the time she was done.

I also remember one year when my Dad had a poopy job and they were making him work on Christmas. He quit because spending time with his family was more important to him then some stinky old job.
I know I put them through hell through the years. I tried their patients. I made them wonder if they were doing a horrible job as parents. In my opinion they did do a good job. They taught me right from wrong. They always loved me, regardless of whatever I did. They are amazing Grandparents and wonderful parents. Thank you guys for everything you have done and continue to do for Spencer, Grace and I.
Jamie- Oh my sister Jamie...Where to start? We have had some really fun times and a lot of fights. Typical sisters though right? You can't all tell me you didn't fight with your brothers or sisters? If you say you didn't then you are lying! Even though we fought and still fight sometimes we love eachother and would do anything for one another. She is a good sister. One of my best friends and a good aunt to Grace. I love you Jamie, I hope you know that.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. This is a wonderful idea. Have fun with it. Your little one is an angel. I started to tear up when your mom told me her name.

    ReplyDelete