Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16

I am thankful for Jenna (Palmateer) Slingsby-
This post is a long time in the making. I have (for a while now) wanted to say the things I am about to say. Ever since I started this blog I wanted to do this. So now I have got up the guts to write and say the things I need to.
Jenna was and is my Best Friend. We were born only a few months apart and into families that were already great friends, so of course we became the best of friends.

We spent a lot of time together over the years, she would come with us on almost every family trip we went on. Though we were not blood  related she was my second sister in every sense of the word. We have been there for eachother in good times and bad. She would come with me to babysit my 3 little cousins, even they considered her a part of the family. We had countless sleepovers through the years and even escaped creepy men following us on Dundas street on our way home from a movie haha.

We spent countless nights in a tent in her family's back yard just because we were lame but thought we were cool by camping in the backyard (and it was SOO much fun). One time she even almost killed my dog by running down the stairs just as he was going by...she tripped and umm shall we say all I saw was a mix of blond, black and white haha.

Through the years we have had our share of fights, just as any friends do but we could always remember why we were friends in the first place. Now we have gone our seperate ways to my dismay. We both have beautiful little families and all I want to do is share mine with her, and tell her how beautiful I think hers is. It is unfortunate that we don't talk anymore and I dearly miss her every single day. I miss talking to her, hearing her stories, getting her advice on things and laughing when she gets really upset and says "YOU KNOW WHAT" I always made fun of her when she would do that I would say "what Jenna what?" You know the funny thing now though? Now when I get upset I say "YOU KNOW WHAT!"

If by some chance Jenna is reading this I want her to know that I love her so much, and miss her. I am sorry for the things that have happened, the things I have said and done. I'm sorry if I have hurt you. I want to try to talk again. The ball is in your court now. If you want to e-mail me in response to this my e-mail address is n_weese88@hotmail.com. I really hope that we can talk, even if it is just to make amends. Lets show our beautiful little girls what a life long friend is.

 I know this wasn't very well written but this was hard for me to do. I hope that the message has come across and touched your heart (Jenna). I truly miss you and just want my friend of 20 years back. I know it will never be the same, and I'm not asking it to be. All I want is to be able to talk to you from time to time. It's totally up to you though, I have said my peace. I love you and hope you are well. I pray for you always and you will always be my unofficial sister.




No comments:

Post a Comment