Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 6

I am Thankful for Friends-
So this wasn't going to be until day 7 or 8 but something happened yesterday (saturday, Day 6..yes I'm a day late but oh well) that made me feel like this needed to be said today. First let me start off by explaining something to all those who don't have children. Sometimes you hit a point where you are just so tired because the baby won't sleep and you spend days not sleeping. It is in those situations that sometimes your baby being with you is not the safest place for them. You get to a point where it's almost scary. You can't function and can't even make a sentence make sense anymore. I hit that point. It had been 3 days of no sleep. Grace for some strange reason had decided that she just didn't need sleep...not at night or during the day. She was up almost every 10 mins. Not cool! So on the 3rd day of no sleep I couldn't take it anymore. Spencer had to go into work on saturday and I was on the verge of a breakdown. I kept myself from totally loosing it before he left that morning because I thought perhaps Grace would take a morning nap. Well Spencer left and she started to drift and then all of a sudden she was up and screaming. The screaming wouldn't stop. My brain had stopped working logically. As much as I love this sweet little girl I knew that she couldn't stay with me because I felt like I was going to loose my mind. I put her in her chair, left her and went to my room (so I could hear myself) and called the only people I could think of that could take her at that moment. I called Tony and Brandy Elegante (they are from our church). I thought to myself "ok keep it together long enough to tell them what is going on..." . Yeah didn't happen! As soon as Tony picked up the phone I just started balling and he goes "Nicole?" How on earth did he even know it was me!?! I said " She won't stop screaming and she hasn't slept in days. I can't do it anymore, someone has to come get her!" They were here within minutes. Of course the second they walked in Grace was all smiles and giggles! Boooo! They took her but they couldn't take her for long. They had to go to a rodeo I believe( I don't remember anything they told me I was so tired haha) anyways I had no one else to take her at the moment. They told me not to worry about it and they would find someone and call me. They gave her to another friend in the church that lives 2 doors down from them. They took care of her until Spencer got home.
So getting back to the thankful part of this whole long story I just told you. I am so very, very thankful for these people. we haven't known them for very long but they have just treated Spencer and I like we have always been friends. I am so greatful that they came and got her and didn't judge me. I felt like a horrible Mother. They assured me that every parent goes through it. The other people (The Walls) that took her after assured me of this too.
Everywhere that we have lived we have managed to find wonderful friends. Since our families are not very close we need good friends in our lives. I am so thankful for these new friends in our lives.
I am also thankful for old friends. I grew up with a lot friends and we are still friends to this day. I am thankful that Jordan (West) Metcalf is out here and Vanessa (Musson) Wilde lives just 4ish hours away. I am thankful that I am able to keep in touch with a lot of friends via e-mail and facebook. I love you all and I thank you so much for the love and support that you have shown my family and I throughout the years. You are all truly wonderful.
Well now that I have written a novel I will leave it at that. Thanks for sticking with me and my long story.
P.S I am still feeling kind of bad about yesterday. Anyone have any similar experiences so I KNOW I am not alone in this?

No comments:

Post a Comment